Here are 9 helpful tips to strengthen your immunity naturally.
1. Get enough sleep; Sleep and immunity are closely tied. Inadequate sleep may increase your risk of getting sick. Most adults should get at least 7 hours of sleep per night.
2. Eat more whole plant foods; Several whole plant foods contain antioxidants, fiber, and vitamin C, all of which may lower your susceptibility to illness.
3. Eat more healthy fats; Healthy fats like olive oil and omega-3s are highly anti-inflammatory. Since chronic inflammation can suppress your immune system, these fats may naturally combat illnesses.
4. Eat more fermented foods or take a probiotic supplement; Gut health and immunity are deeply interconnected. Fermented foods and probiotics may bolster your immune system by helping it identify and target harmful pathogens.
5. Limit added sugars; Added sugars contribute significantly to obesity, type 2 diabetes, and heart disease, all of which can suppress your immune system. Lowering your sugar intake may decrease inflammation and your risk of these conditions.
6. Engage in moderate exercise; Moderate exercise can reduce inflammation and promote the healthy turnover of immune cells. Jogging, biking, walking, swimming, and hiking are great options.
7. Stay hydrated; Given that dehydration can make you more susceptible to illness, be sure you’re drinking plenty of water each day.
8. Manage your stress levels; Lowering your stress levels through meditation, yoga, exercise, and other practices can help keep your immune system functioning properly.
9. Supplement wisely; though some supplements may fight viral infections, none have been proven to be effective against COVID-19. If you decide to supplement, make sure to purchase products that have been tested by a third party
Stay Safe Fam!
We will rise together. 💚🖤#unity
Athlete in photo: @annica_vela
Photo by📸: @cfrichjr.23
#CrossFit #Edinburg #FunctionalFitness #OneTeamOneDream #crossfitedinburg #keepedinburgfit #stayhome #staysafe